Well last night did not go well! The protocol I am following to protect my brain requires 90min deep sleep. I've only achieved that once in the two months I've been tracking my sleep. But I've never only achieved 28min of deep sleep -- until last night!
There's a lot of good that comes from research. And that's what I do when I come across an obstacle. And I've never met a foe like Alzheimer's before!!! So my research has been extensive. But the flip side of knowing things is you know when you've messed up. And you know the consequences.
Living a brain-healthy lifestyle requires strict adherence to the right daily choices -- eat, sleep, exercise, etc. There's no "off day" because Alzheimer's is relentless.
I don't have Alzheimer's Disease, that I know of -- but I do have a mom and a grandma who both had it, so the odds are not in my favor. This is why, at age 53, I've made the decision to follow a strict protocol for brain health. Maybe, just maybe, I'll stop this generational curse.
So what did I do wrong last night? I do not know. There are two culprits in my mind ...
1. I tried a reishi mushroom supplement to see if that would enhance my deep sleep.
2. I also had 1 1/2 Recess Watermelon Mojito Mocktail drinks with dinner. And that has guayusa in it -- which is a natural caffeine.
But however it happened, it happened. And I'm left with the day after knowing that my brain was not able to clear out all the junk from yesterday overnight. It's a mess up there!
This is what I did this morning -- doing what I can to help my poor brain out a bit!
1. Drank a HiNote -- which has protein, collagen, and superfoods & greens
2. Doubled up my Krill oil
3. Vitamin B, D and Milk Thistle supplements were taken!
4. Took a long walk in the sun with Duke
I'm hoping this helps my brain today -- and I can get some good DEEP sleep tonight. I am still feeling very groggy. I watch my mom today so there is no opportunity for a quick nap. It's also the busiest day for my contract job. And I have to drive my husband's monster truck to my mom's house since my daughter's car is in the shop. Which means a stressful drive vs a joyful drive.
So that's the reality of living a brain-healthy lifestyle. You can try to do everything right -- but life does what it does.
Until next time ...
amylee
No comments:
Post a Comment