Wednesday, February 12, 2014

a passion for patterns

I don't talk a lot about them.

I don't highlight them enough.

It's crazy because I absolutely swoon over them.

PATTERNS!!!

When I first got into this "biz" of art licensing, creating patterns was a final step.  I created my main designs and then pulled patterns out of design elements.  It wasn't long before I fell in love with creating patterns.  So much so that I have changed my process -- I start with patterns and create main designs from there.  This is in part because of my love of patterns (have I mentioned how much I love patterns?!)  This change in process is also because of my change in life.  No - not THAT change. ;-)  It is the change in life most parents make with active children ... when your schedule takes a back seat to their schedule.  Taxi driver comes to mind because I am driving so many different places during the spring, summer and fall months.  And while sitting on the sidelines, I draw, draw and draw some more.

Below is a the Bountiful Blessings collection.  This collection debuted at Surtex in May 2013.  I still am absolutely in LOVE with it!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment