Tuesday, November 7, 2023

little white lies

I was taking a walk today to get my daily coffee.  It's a new thing I've started.  Since I work from home, my "steps" are lacking.  And I live close to our town square!  

Anyways, I was thinking about white lies when I was walking. It started out by commending myself for being such an honest person.  And then I slapped myself back into reality -- no one on this earth is a completely honest person.  I try, I'll give myself that -- and I'm much better than I used to be.  But - well, I grew up with people pleasers. And when trying to please people, little white lies happen.

A few years ago, I was convicted by the Holy Spirit and, in my heart, began a transformation.  I began to realize when I was lying.  And I began to see it for what it was -- I was making myself a untrustworthy person.  

And then -- and this is where I think the conviction in my heart took place -- I realized how hurt the other person would be if they knew I was being untruthful.  

Right here - while I am writing this - I want to assure you they weren't huge lies.  You know -- that I'm not that bad of a person.  But seriously -- why does that even matter?  A sin is a sin to our holy God.  And while as followers of Jesus, we are saved from our sins -- He does not want us to sin.  With each life choice -- do not sin.  

I leave you with this -- Proverbs that I read a few days ago.  Could be why I was thinking about honesty and dishonesty.

Proverbs 11:1 -- The LORD hates cheating and delights in honesty. 
Proverbs 11:3 -- The good man is guided by honesty; the evil man is destroyed by his dishonesty.




No comments:

Post a Comment