Wednesday, January 2, 2013

prayer is rest for my soul

dear Lord,

I lay at your feet all my daily worries.  You know, the ones that creep up in my mind when I am enjoying a moment of silence.  Or maybe some fear that takes over my heart when I am just busy living.  I lay all those at your feet right now, Lord.  Guide me to my tomorrow.  Show me how to handle these tasks to best glorify You.

dear child,

remember ...I will teach you and show you in the way you should go; I will whisper to your heart and watch over you.  Do not worry about tomorrow.  I do what is right.  I know your thoughts and feelings.  I will protect you like a shield; I save those whose hearts are right.  And I will keep you in perfect peace as long as you keep thinking of Me and trusting in Me.  So my dear child, continue to be joyful in this hope I promise you, patient in any troubles, and continue to be faithful in prayer. 

Ps 34:8, Mt 6:34, Ps 7:9-10, Isaiah 26:3, Romans 12:12


2 comments: