Sunday, March 4, 2012

behind the scenes: routing the nail holes

As I promised, a behind-the-scenes look at just one of the many steps that goes into making these perfect art blocks.  Everyone- meet Ryan, the man behind the highest quality art blocks known to mankind. And no, I am not biased one bit.

Ryan is a finish woodworker by trade. He is also a perfectionist when it comes to his work.  If you want something done for your house by someone who cares what the end product looks like and performs, Ryan is your guy.  So when I shared with him my vision for my art to be on art blocks, he took to the task of creating high-quality wooden blocks.

The step we are sharing today is when the nail holes are routed.  It is not the first step -- and it is not the last step.  It is one of many steps he does before passing the blocks onto me.  The pics below show Ryan routing the nail hole in the same spot on each block.  It makes hanging these art blocks a breeze!



Peace out!
amylee

No comments:

Post a Comment