Saturday, March 3, 2012

in the studio: art blocks

Looky there!!!  What is that, you say?  ;-)  It's a new design for the back of my art blocks.  I couldn't be happier.  In the past I've glued on my business card.  This proved to be a painful last step in the process --glue is messy, messy, messy.  I don't know when the lightening struck -- but suddenly my smart brain thought, "why not labels?"  Wow - it sure did take me a long time to come to THAT conclusion.  I put the task on my pinboard -- and when I had a few moments, I played around with a design.  I finally came up with what you see.  And I am SO pleased.  For now.  Because guess what?   Yes, I am a designer.  I am an artist.  And my "what looks good" opinion changes as time goes on.  Or I just get bored.  But for now, if you order an art block, THIS is what you'll see on the back of it.  And there's even a place for me to sign!!!

I also worked on the insert I place at the front of each block when all packaged up.  For this, I thought a repeat pattern of my logo would look great -- and it looks nicely with the back label showing through.  Again, I went with black/white coloring -- leaving the fun color to be enjoyed on the block only.

Tomorrow, the theme is "behind the scenes" -- and I plan to introduce you to my amazing husband and his ultra talented work on our art blocks.  Stay tuned.  For now, enjoy these lovely photographs!!!

{{back of block}}

{{back of block all packaged up}}

{{front of block all packaged up}}

Peace out!
amylee





No comments:

Post a Comment