Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Trusting to open the windows wide, wide, wide

So - Tuesday, we meet again.  Yesterday I was still in denial that the weekend is over.  But today, and on each Tuesday, I am reminded of all the tasks that need to get done in this glorious week ahead.  And the weekend seems so far away.  Tuesday.

Does anyone else feel this way?  For some reason, Tuesdays are my days for self-doubt.  They are the days I question every change in my life.  Tuesdays I absolutely LOVE familiarity.  If you have something mundane for me to do, most likely, I'll cherish doing it on a Tuesday.  It's like I want to be in "robot mode" on Tuesdays.  Did I mention all the self doubt on Tuesdays?  I don't know if it is because I am making lists in my head of all that I need to do -- and I realize there's not enough time in the days ahead to do it all -- that I doubt and fear.  But that seems logical, right?

And this is why on Tuesday I have to be extra tenacious to keep plugging through to the ever-changing end game, digging pretty deep to walk forward midst all the doubt.  And how?  Only one way -- TRUST.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.  

My favorite poet, Ruth Harms Calkin, wrote this lovely poem about a time when she just opened up her heart and the Lord filled her heart with so many truths.  I can only imagine that she was bogged down by doubts, stress and an endless to-do list.  And I can imagine she stopped her running around, opened up her Bible and she prayed.  I absolutely LOVE it.

You Did All The Rest
O Lord God!
I did what You asked me to do:
I just opened the windows
Wide ...
Wide ...
And You did all the rest!
You poured into my heart
A blessed, blissful contentment.
You saturated my mind
With gigantic thoughts of You.
You struck an artesian well within me
Until sheer joy sprang forth.
You led me out of the valley of despair
Into a succession of incredible happenings.
Problems which seemed insurmountable
Melted like wax before my eyes.
Fears faded away like threatening clouds.
You startled me
You amazed me
With the glory of Your revelation.
It is true
Gloriously true --
I have literally walked and breathed with God.
I just opened the windows
Wide ...
Wide ...
God, You did all the rest!


Peace!
amylee

No comments:

Post a Comment