Friday, March 2, 2012

foodie friday ... instant oatmeal


There are those in this world that are blessed to be "foodies." I am not one of them.  That's why it is SO funny that I am starting a weekly section on my blog for "foodie friday."  

ha
rofl
lol
tehe

What "foodie friday" will be is the food in my life that is making my life easier.  Or food I am obsessed with.  It will NOT be amazing recipes.

So ... the story behind the instant oatmal?  Not only do I make the BEST instant oatmeal, it also holds so many warm memories.

Nanny.
Kitchen.
Council Bluffs.

And Nanny made the BEST instant oatmeal.  Here's how I make it.

1. Put 1 pkg oatmeal into bowl
2. Add cinnamon (this is a REQUIRED ingredient)
3. Add 8oz of HOT water
4. Stir it all together
5. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes
6. Enjoy your runny* instant oatmeal. 

*disclaimer: runny oatmeal is the best oatmeal -- but it does take practice to get it "just" right.  don't worry if you don't get it right the first time.  it just takes practice.  luckily quaker oats is nice enough to include many packets of oatmeal in each box.

What food holds a special memory for you???

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment