Thursday, March 1, 2012

thankful thursday

You'll start to notice a few new "themes" in this blog.  Today's theme is #thankfulThursday.  It is good for the soul to just be thankful.  Be grateful.  Find the moment.  Savor that moment.  Be grateful for it -- and play it over and over in your head.

I have so many to choose from this morning ... silly sock day for the girls made getting dressed fun today, holding hands with Ash this morning on the couch, carrying Morgan from her bed to the couch this morning, blowing kisses from Ashley and waves from Morgan after dropping them off at school, and lunchables that make packing lunches SO easy.  But the winner for today's #thankfulThursday => Ryan being Ryan.

Scene:  Ryan and I talking this morning while getting ready for the day.

Ryan: Are you excited for today, Amy?
me: Why? (I'm very pleasant in the morning)
Ryan: Because it is a new day!  Anything can happen.  Good news could come at a moment's notice.
*disclaimer: probably not his exact words -- but the jist is there
me: {{big SMILE}} good one!

But he is so right.  And I am so thankful for a husband that reminds me of this.  Look on the bright side -- what fun is it to look at the dreary, underneath, muddy side of the world???  Yes - sometimes we have to live in that mud for a while when bad times come (because they do) .... but there is always SONlight.


Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."


{{pic of ryan & ash at the dentist yesterday with their laser glasses on!}}

Peace out!

amylee



No comments:

Post a Comment