Thursday, March 8, 2012

my little helper: ashley

Today, for Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for my darling daughter, Ashley.  She's 6, going on 7, years old.  Now normally, this girl gives me a run for my money.  She is smart, stubborn, funny, and independent.  If you ask her to do something for you, she'll do it.  If you demand she do something (clean her room, help us pick up her mess), she'll pitch a fit.  She is, in essence, a mini-me.  And we battle. ;-)  Oh how I love her.

So when I woke up on Tuesday morning, hardly able to stand up because my head hurt so badly, I didn't know how I was going to get the girls up and going to school.  In my mind, I thought I'd have more trouble with Ashley than Morgan.  But Ashley's bunk is the bottom bunk, so I tried to wake her up first.  And when she opened her eyes, and I told her I wasn't feeling well and that I needed her help this morning, she was more concerned about me than she was with the fact that she was going to have to do more for herself that morning.  And then she held my hand while we walked to the living room - making sure I was okay.

The remainder of the morning she reveled in the fact that she was my helper.  She made it her job. Whatever I asked her to do, she did with a smile on her face continually asking me if I was okay.  We worked like a team all morning -- getting her ready for school, helping out Morgan and the dog.  She helped me make the lunches, turn off lights, etc.  I don't know how I would've been able to handle the morning without her!

I know that when I prayed and asked God to help me get through the morning, he touched Miss Ashley's heart with such a tender spirit.

Now, you may wonder -- where was Ryan?  How did Morgan react?  What about the dog?   Well, Ryan had to leave for work early.  Morgan didn't react well to any of it -- she hasn't been feeling well either. And the dog -- thankfully we brought her back inside before we left the house.  I had no clue she was still out roaming around the back woods all morning until I saw her at the front door while we were getting ready to leave!!

Peace!!!
amylee

PS: And a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the dog.  She turns 12 today.  ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment